Is there a way to download or copy annotations when running in LMS (D2L)

Joe Clements

Apr 5, 2021, 10:09:27 AM4/5/21
to Hypothes.is Forum
1) Is there a way to download or copy annotations when running inside D2L

As instuctor I would like to see my entire class activity....

Simple copy/paste to Excel or Word only returns about 60 lines?

2) Is there a help area just for LMS version, it seems most of help that I find here does not apply to the limited version running within an LMS?

Best regards

Joe Clements
Lambton College

mdiro...@hypothes.is

Apr 5, 2021, 11:17:15 AM4/5/21
to Hypothes.is Forum
Hi Joe,

Is there a way to download or copy annotations when running inside D2L
We have prototype data dashboards we can give you that will give you several different course-wide data views, including the ability to download annotation data from the course. We'll need a gmail account (either from your institution or a personal gmail account) so we can authenticate you. Please send it to us either through a support ticket or by emailing sup...@hypothes.is along with your course name so we can find it.

We're also building data views into the LMS product itself, but at this time only the prototype dashboard contains a way of exporting data.

Simple copy/paste to Excel or Word only returns about 60 lines?
I'm not sure what you're copy/pasting, so it's difficult to diagnose the issue. If you're trying to select all and then copy paste we're probably running into an issue with the web browser limiting what gets selected.

Is there a help area just for LMS version, it seems most of help that I find here does not apply to the limited version running within an LMS?
We're building out a way of more easily seeing which Knowledge Base articles are specific to the LMS app. If you have questions on specific features feel free to ask! You might also check out our LMS-specific FAQ.

Best,
Michael