Who can share a production deployment tutorial like https://hypothesis.instructure.com/

fish slippery

Aug 17, 2021, 7:50:39 PM8/17/21
to Hypothes.is Forum
Because there are many problems with network connections to the official hypothesis service, I had to deploy an own Hypothes.is service, including H, client, lms, via and viahtml, just like https://hypothesis.instructure.com .
Could anyone show some detailed tutorial please? I've only set-up H with docker and Nginx reverse proxy now.

Robert Knight

Aug 18, 2021, 4:33:30 AM8/18/21
to fish slippery, Hypothes.is Forum
Hello,

Because there are many problems with network connections to the official hypothesis service

Can you provide some details on this? If you are in China then we're aware that the main Via service at via.hypothes.is is blocked. I was under the impression that other Hypothesis services are accessible.

Could anyone show some detailed tutorial please? I've only set-up H with docker and Nginx reverse proxy now.

I'm afraid we don't have a good tutorial on how to set up a production Hypothesis service that includes the LMS app. The short version is that we deploy all applications using the published Docker containers, with configuration set via environment variables. The scripts we use for this are in the hypothesis/deployment repository.

Kind Regards,
Robert.