Peer Review using hypothesis

Ayla Moore

Jun 28, 2022, 11:38:16 AM6/28/22
to Hypothes.is Forum
Does anyone have tips on using hypothesis in Canvas for student peer reviews on drafts of papers?
Thanks,
Ayla

Michael DiRoberts

Jul 8, 2022, 4:00:28 PM7/8/22
to Ayla Moore, Hypothes.is Forum
Hi Ayla,

Hopefully other folks will see this and respond, but here's a few ideas we've garnered from instructors in the past:
  • Take all student drafts and combine them into one meta PDF so you can make this a single LMS app assignment
  • Put an annotation  at the very start of each distinct paper in the PDF with paper information in it. Give all these annotations the same tag so students can search for the annotation or filter by tag and see all annotations. Now students have a way to easily find a specific paper or move from paper to paper quickly.
  • If you use our Canvas Groups integration consider leaving it off for this assignment. While groups can be helpful to prevent the number of annotations in a document from overwhelming the class, you probably don't want to accidentally hide some feedback from the student who wrote the paper in question.

Best,
Michael