Range Server RSML logs corruption

Francis Jacques

Sep 29, 2016, 6:48:58 PM9/29/16
to Hypertable User
Hi everyone,

We are having problem with RSML logs that get corrupted.

We have a very special use case of Hypertable running on demand, so we start/stop it very often.

Some time, we can do a stop followed by a start immediatly after. Doing stop can be long, when it take too long we do a kill of all Hypertable process.

Doug said that there's no issue at killing Hypertable, but... eventually we end up with a RSML file corruption, the fix is easy, we just delete the most recent file to use the previous one and all work.

But... I'm wondering if there's a way to fix the log file instead of doing a rollback? Because there's a possibility we are losing data written in the last session if we rollback this file...

Thanks.

Francis