How to connect to Hypertable Server using PHP code on Windows OS ?

mrdun...@gmail.com

Dec 13, 2014, 12:21:54 AM12/13/14
to hyperta...@googlegroups.com
I'm intending to use php code to connect to Hypertable Server on  Windows OS. But i really don't know how to do that.
I try searching google but it make no sense. I don't find any guide from anyone talk about this subject.
Can anyone give me some help about connecting to Hypertable Server using PHP code on Windows OS, please ?

Doug Judd

Dec 13, 2014, 8:42:51 AM12/13/14
to hyperta...@googlegroups.com
Andy should be able to help you out with the Windows-specific questions.  As far as connecting to Hypertable with PHP code goes, take a look at the Hypertable Developer Guide PHP.  That should provide you with all the information you need to connect to Hypertable with PHP.

- Doug

Doug Judd
CEO, Hypertable Inc.

Andy

Dec 14, 2014, 7:32:57 AM12/14/14
to hyperta...@googlegroups.com
First you'll need php for windows; for example http://windows.php.net/.
Further you'll need the php thrift libraries (http://thrift.apache.org/lib/php) and the php thrift client stubs (https://github.com/hypertable/hypertable/tree/master/src/php)

I have bundeled all together in the attached file; download and unpack to any folder; for example to ht-php.
Start hypertable servers, then use the hypertable shell to create a namespace and a table like following:

create namespace test;
use test;
create table thrift_test (col);

Start a new console in ht-php and run php client_test.php - which now should work well.

-Andy
ht-php.zip