Hypertable 0.9.8.9 is now available for download!

Doug Judd

Jun 29, 2015, 11:04:38 AM6/29/15
to hypertable-user, hyperta...@googlegroups.com
Hypertable version 0.9.8.9 is now available for download at

NOTE:  Make sure that the SHA1 hash of your download matches what's listed on the download page.  We temporarily uploaded bad packages before uploading the good ones.  If you SHA1 does not match, you most likely got one of the bad packages.  If so, try downloading again.  If the SHA1 still does not match, let us know and we'll contact our hosting provider to get the problem resolved.

Version 0.9.8.9:
(2015-06-29)

   Fixed NO_LOG flag propagation and excessive sync'ing in TableMutatorAsync
   Fixed bad assert in ThriftBroker during scanner lookup
   gh67: Fixed RangeServer crash on shutdown
   Fixed RangeServer status reporting on empty database
   Fixed indefinite sleep problem in AsyncComm testServer
   Fixed compile issues on OSX (lack of thread_local)
   Replaced Boost random with C++11 random
   Simulate quick_exit for versions of glibcxx that don't have it
   update hypertable hyperic-sigar link broken
   Support libboost_python library location x64 arch
   Support library location x64 arch
   Replaced all occurrences of boost::xtime with std::chrono
   Added chrono::fast_clock (ClockT) for AsyncComm timing needs
   Migrated to C++11 atomic variables
   Replaced #include <time.h> with #include <ctime>
   Migrated from Boost mutex and condition variable to C++11
   Replaced boost::intrusive_ptr with std::shared_ptr
   Replaced foreach_ht with C++11 range for
   Replaced poll() with this_thread::sleep_for()
   Replaced _exit with quick_exit; Replaced numeric exit codes with EXIT_SUCCESS & EXIT_FAILURE