Inconsistent copyright dates

Yadwinder Grewal

Dec 24, 2014, 6:43:06 PM12/24/14
to hyperta...@googlegroups.com
While browsing the source I noticed:

Copyright (C) 2007-2012 ...  985 instances on github
Copyright (C) 2007-2013 ...  232
Copyright (C) 2007-2014 ...  229
... etc

Would you like me to send a patch for review that updates all relevant files to

"Copyright (C) 2007-2015 Hypertable, Inc"?

(actual submission into the branch will occur on 01.01.15)

Doug Judd

Dec 24, 2014, 9:42:20 PM12/24/14
to hyperta...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that would be great!  Thanks for offering.

- Doug

Doug Judd
CEO, Hypertable Inc.

Doug Judd

Dec 24, 2014, 9:46:21 PM12/24/14
to hyperta...@googlegroups.com
Actually, why don't you wait until next week.  At that time I'll point you to a branch on which to make the changes and if you do it on that branch it will be easier for me to merge it in.  I assume you're going to automate this, so you can build the tool in the meantime.  I'll let you know when it's ready.  Thanks!

- Doug

Doug Judd

Jan 19, 2015, 9:12:45 AM1/19/15
to hyperta...@googlegroups.com
I've finally finished the big commit I was working on.  If you're still up for making this copyright change, go ahead and do it on the v0.9.8 branch.  The top commit is this one:

commit ebe407c244701703fd926a7644bf7611f292729c
Author: Doug Judd <do...@hypertable.com>
Date:   Fri Jan 16 16:12:29 2015 -0800

    Changed data structure encoding format to support forward compatibility

Given the size of the commit (900+ file changes) and the structural changes, you'll see why I asked you to wait.  Anyway, feel free to make the change on this branch and I'll be happy to pull it in.  Just send a pull request or a patch and I'll pull it in.  Thanks.

- Doug

Yadwinder Grewal

Feb 4, 2015, 12:32:48 AM2/4/15
to hyperta...@googlegroups.com, do...@hypertable.com