HyperSpy 1.4 released

Francisco

Sep 4, 2018, 6:39:31 AM9/4/18
to hyperspy-users

We are pleased to announce the release of HyperSpy 1.4. See the changelog for details.

We have also released hyperspy-gui-traitsui 1.1.0 and hyperspy-gui-ipywidgets 1.1.0. It is recommended to upgrade these packages when upgrading HyperSpy to version 1.4.

There is also a new release of HyperSpy Bundle 2018.09.04 for Microsoft Windows. It includes the packages mentioned above and the latest development version of HyperSpyUI. You can download it from the project’s GitHub repository.

Alberto E.

Sep 4, 2018, 6:42:30 AM9/4/18
to hypersp...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

it seems to me the changelog link its broken.

Cheers,
Alberto.

Francisco

Sep 4, 2018, 6:48:34 AM9/4/18
to hyperspy-users
Thanks Alberto for reporting the issue. The right changelog link is http://hyperspy.org/hyperspy-doc/current/user_guide/what_is_new.html#v1-4

Francisco

Luiz Tizei

Sep 26, 2018, 6:58:42 AM9/26/18
to hyperspy-users
Hi Francisco,

I just installed Hyperspy on a new system using conda. The version installed is 1.3.1 and not the 1.4.
Should I do something else to get the newest version.

Luiz

Francisco

Sep 26, 2018, 7:20:09 AM9/26/18
to hyperspy-users
If the platform is win32 in conda that's the lastest version available. To upgrade to 1.4 use pip instead: pip install -U hyperspy

Luiz Tizei

Sep 26, 2018, 7:37:47 AM9/26/18
to hypersp...@googlegroups.com
it is on ubuntu 18.04.

Francisco

Sep 26, 2018, 8:26:08 AM9/26/18
to hyperspy-users
In that case there must be a dependency conflict. You could try to update all the packages: conda update --all

Luiz Tizei

Sep 26, 2018, 8:54:10 AM9/26/18
to hypersp...@googlegroups.com
that was it. Thanks!