Download de-noised EDX maps as images

David Reyes

Feb 28, 2019, 11:22:46 AM2/28/19
to hyperspy-users
Hi all,

I am doing PCA in Hyperspy to de-noise EDX maps. I am very happy with my results and now I would like to download those processed/de-noised EDX maps as image files.

Is there a function in hyperspy to do so? If not, how do you do it?

Thanks a lot folks.

Best,

David

Francisco

Feb 28, 2019, 12:05:15 PM2/28/19
to hyperspy-users
Hi,

You could use ``pca_maps = s.get_decomposition_loadings()`` that returns the maps as an image stack. You can then save them in any supported format. e.g. ``pca_maps.inav[0].save("map1.tif")``.

Francisco

David Reyes

Feb 28, 2019, 12:42:36 PM2/28/19
to hypersp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Francisco,

Thanks for the advice. I tried your suggestion but when I try to open the image file, I get the message below. Do you have any ideas?

image.png

Francisco de la Peña

Mar 1, 2019, 9:58:50 AM3/1/19
to hypersp...@googlegroups.com
You are probably trying to open the tif file with Jupyter text editor. You'll need something like ImageJ to open the images if you've saved them with float type as most non-scientific image viewers only support int8 or int16 images at best.

David Reyes

Mar 1, 2019, 6:13:19 PM3/1/19
to hypersp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot Francisco!

Btw, awesome work with this software. Very useful.