Re: [hypergraphdb] Error om

Borislav Iordanov

Sep 10, 2019, 1:07:11 AM9/10/19
to HyperGraphDB
Hi Shivam,

Do you mind switching to 1.4-SNAPSHOT. It is a much better version
than 1.3. I know it's a "snapshot", but it's actually more stable and
better behaved overall.

And it will be much easier for me help you troubleshoot!

Cheers,
Boris

On Mon, Sep 9, 2019 at 6:45 AM Shivam Poddar <shivampo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have the following code from the tutorial present on HyperGraphDB webpage for Peer-to-Peer Network.
>
> import java.io.File;
> import java.util.concurrent.Future;
> import org.hypergraphdb.peer.HyperGraphPeer;
> import org.hypergraphdb.*;
>
> public class SimpleP2P {
>
> public static void main(String[] args)
> {
> File configFile = new File("hgp2p.json");
> HyperGraphPeer peer = new HyperGraphPeer(configFile); //Error: The type mjson.Json cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
> Future<Boolean> startupResult = peer.start();
> try
> {
> if (startupResult.get())
> {
> System.out.println("Peer started successfully.");
> }
> else
> {
> System.out.println("Peer failed to start.");
> peer.getStartupFailedException().printStackTrace(System.err);
> }
> }
> catch (Exception e)
> {
> e.printStackTrace(System.err);
> }
> }
> }
>
> I have included following jar files:
> 1. hgdbje-1.3.jar
>

> --

https://plus.google.com/+BorislavIordanov

"Damn! The world is big!"

-- Heleni Daly

Shivam Poddar

Sep 12, 2019, 5:26:05 AM9/12/19
to HyperGraphDB
I switched to 1.4 snapshot but I'm still getting the same error.

I had earlier included following jar files:
 1. hgdbje-1.3.jar
 2. hgdb-1.3.jar
 3. hgdbp2p-1.3.jar
 4. je-5.0.34.jar
 5. smack-3.1.0.jar
 5. smackx-3.1.0.jar
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to hyperg...@googlegroups.com.

Borislav Iordanov

Sep 12, 2019, 10:13:34 AM9/12/19
to hyperg...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Ok, you do need the mJson. If you are not using Maven, you have to pull it out manually and include it in the classpath. It’s here:

Cheers,
Boris

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hypergraphdb/3b10a9fe-626d-4b6b-b484-215f6254f79d%40googlegroups.com.

Shivam Poddar

Sep 13, 2019, 5:22:06 AM9/13/19
to HyperGraphDB
Hi,
Thanks that worked.

Actually, I'm actually working on a college project and for that, I wanted to add some feature which is currently missing in HyperGraphDB.
As the reference material for HyperGraphDB is pretty scarce, I'm not able to figure out what actually is missing. Moreover, the things I thought were missing as I found them nowhere in the DB comparison sheets, are actually already implemented.

It would be very helpful if you can suggest me some feature to implement.

Regards,
Shivam
Boris

Borislav Iordanov

Sep 27, 2019, 7:26:29 PM9/27/19
to hyperg...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shivam,

It would be very helpful if you can suggest me some feature to implement.

That’s very nice of you to propose. Since you seemed to be interested in the P2P stuff, one feature that would be appreciate to have out of the box is generic replication mechanism where one could configure a replication factor on a per atom type basis for example and have a cluster of P2P HGDB instances distributing data. This would be a fairly involved as a school project, but just getting the replication working again between two nodes would be a good step forward.

Let me know if you are interested and we can chat about it.

Cheers,
Boris

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hypergraphdb/97fec4ca-ebba-49f4-b38e-c655a3b2f751%40googlegroups.com.