warp api documents

Gao Neal

Mar 13, 2017, 7:04:19 PM3/13/17
to hyperdex-discuss
Hi,
I'm using hyperdex as the distributed transactional database and need to use warp API's.
Right now, I don't find C documentations on functions like hyperdex_client_xact_get, hyperdex_client_begin_transaction.
I have questions like is hyperdex_client_loop required after each operations including get, put, abort, commit or not?

Thanks

Robert Escriva

Mar 13, 2017, 7:39:32 PM3/13/17
to hyperdex...@googlegroups.com
Every call that returns a int64_t that is non-negative is a reference to
an outstanding operation that you must complete with hyperdex_client_loop.

hyperdex_client_xact_* is identical in behavior to the hyperdex_client_*
counterparts, but takes a transaction object instead of a client object.

For more information about HyperDex development, please see this issue:
https://github.com/rescrv/HyperDex/issues/233

-Robert

Gao Neal

Mar 13, 2017, 7:58:29 PM3/13/17
to hyperdex-discuss
So, Is hyperdex_client_begin_transaction/abort should be followed with hyperdex_client_loop, too?

Thanks.

Gao Neal

Mar 13, 2017, 8:12:55 PM3/13/17
to hyperdex-discuss
From the API, I think hyperdex_client_begin_transaction/abort doesn't return a code, so no need to call hyperdex_client_loop, while commit requires that.
As I'm running the test, it seemed one commit is blocked indefinitely. Any potential reasons why it's blocking.
Thanks

Robert Escriva

Mar 13, 2017, 8:37:23 PM3/13/17
to hyperdex...@googlegroups.com
The only available binaries for Warp do not have the fault tolerance
code enabled. A failure (or restarted server) will cause these problems.

For more information about HyperDex development, please see this issue:
https://github.com/rescrv/HyperDex/issues/233

and this blog post:

http://hack.systems/2016/12/29/why-consus/

-Robert