configure hyperleveldb not to use mmap

Ramnatthan Ala

Mar 4, 2016, 10:50:49 AM3/4/16
to hyperdex-discuss
Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to configure hyperleveldb not to use mmap but only use read/write syscalls to read and write data out of the store. Is this possible in hyperdex (installed from apt-get on ubuntu)? Or is this possible when I can build from sources? Has someone tried this configuration? Any help would be appreciated very much. Thanks much!

--Ram

Robert Escriva

Mar 4, 2016, 10:53:56 AM3/4/16
to hyperdex...@googlegroups.com
HyperLevelDB does not have this configuration option. If you're willing
to build a modified version of the sources, you can disable mmap reads
by editing "util/env_posix.cc" and changing the MmapLimiter class to not
allow any mmaped-reads.

-Robert

Ramnatthan Ala

Mar 4, 2016, 11:39:39 AM3/4/16
to hyperdex-discuss
Thanks for the quick response Robert! I will take a look at that. Is it possible also to change mmap'd writes to use write syscalls?

Robert Escriva

Mar 4, 2016, 11:55:49 AM3/4/16
to hyperdex...@googlegroups.com
Not with HyperLevelDB. Much of the concurrency comes from avoiding
these syscalls. You could easily do this with other leveldb variants,
and it'll be the same result as you'd get with HyperLevelDB.

-Robert

Ramnatthan Ala

Mar 4, 2016, 12:01:52 PM3/4/16
to hyperdex-discuss