Unable to install Hyperdex in Ubuntu 16.04

Pandian R

Oct 15, 2016, 1:59:16 AM10/15/16
to hyperdex-discuss
Hello all,

I was trying to install Hyperdex in Ubuntu 16.04 but it is failing with unmet dependencies because libgoogle-glog0 has been removed from wheezy. I read from forums that it is packaged along with hyperdex for Ubuntu 14.04 but it's not working in 16.04. Has anyone tried the same ? Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks in advance.

Thanks and Regards,
Pandian Raju

Robert Escriva

Oct 15, 2016, 7:18:25 AM10/15/16
to hyperdex...@googlegroups.com
HyperDex is not packaged for 16.04.

You should install from source, and install glog from source.

-Robert

Pandian R

Oct 15, 2016, 11:26:02 AM10/15/16
to hyperdex-discuss
Thanks for the reply ! I tried installing glog0 from source but I was able to install only glog-dev and not glog0. Will try it out.

Robert Escriva

Oct 15, 2016, 12:04:03 PM10/15/16
to hyperdex...@googlegroups.com
It sounds like you're still installing from packages.

Go here and download the source tarball:
https://github.com/google/glog/releases

Build this using ./configure && make && make install, as you would with
HyperDex itself.

-Robert

Pandian R

Oct 15, 2016, 12:10:31 PM10/15/16
to hyperdex...@googlegroups.com
Cool thanks ! And, is it possible to run YCSB directly on top of HyperlevelDB or it can be run only on HyperDex ?

Regards,
Pandian