MC4D {6}x{5}2 solved

Eduard Baumann

Feb 5, 2023, 10:47:02 AM2/5/23
to hyper...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

I have solved the {6}x{5}2 with the programm MC4D.
34'400 moves. 27 days elapsed time.

I append my log file.

Normal puzzle

I'm interested in this 4D puzzles in the program MC4D with a relatively LOW number of pieces. The one I have solved now is very rich of aspects. There are NO disfunctions. You have to manage unique pieces but also multiple pieces.
Multiple pieces have the advantage to permit to do a "single pseudo-exchange" with a 3-cycle. But it is relatively difficult to create a 3-cycle macro because it is complicated to identify the pieces.

Those puzzles are not at all boring and should be experienced by everybody.

A puzzle variant

There is a possibility to study a modification of the 652 puzzle in 4D.
The 5 types of pieces in 652 are
2c type 1 (hexagonal prismes stickers)
2c type 2 (trigonal prismes A stickers)
2c type 3 (trigonal prismes B stickers)
2c type 4 (pentagonal prismes stickers)
4c (hexaedric stickers)

Definition
652* = 652 only with 2c type 1 and 4c

After a full scramble and then arranging the 2c type 1 pieces you must chose where to place the first of the sequence of 6 colors.

You have a 50% chance to get the wrong parity !

Imagine you chose a neighbouring place.
This case corresponds to a puzzle that is turned as a whole by one position.
This turn consists of 5 cycles with 6 pieces each and has odd parity !

In contrary to the solver the scrambled puzzle knows the place of the first of the 6 colors.
When the solver choses the wrong place he is left with an unsolvable isolated exchange of 2 pieces at the end.

Best regards
Ed

Virenfrei. www.avast.com
Illustr.PNG