4 color problem on the 5D cube

vasvaria

Jul 13, 2021, 3:48:31 AM7/13/21
to hypercubing
Hello Hypercubers,

After finishing the 4^4 & 5^4, I decided to start working on the 3^5 cube. Up to now, I was able to solve all 2C and 3C pieces based on the knowledge I gained in 4D... but with the first 4C piece I've already got stucked.

4-color_problem.jpg

The BLUE-PINK-RED-BROWN element is like "half-flipped". It means that only the red-brown should be flipped, the blue and the pink is on the right place. First I tried to use the 2nd 4-Color Series from Roice's solution somehow but that always flips the blue-pink colors as well.

I ask those who already finished the 3^5... how did you solve this issue?

Thank you in advance!

Best,
Adrian Vasvari

Alvin Yang

Jul 13, 2021, 3:58:03 PM7/13/21
to vasvaria, hypercubing
Hey Adrian,

I think I have a solution for you. Unfortunately I don't have the macro file I used for my original solve so I'm not sure the one I covers everything you'll encounterThe algs all flip 2 stickers of two different 4C pieces (it also does something to the 5C pieces but that should be fine at your current stage).

Because idk of a good 5D notation system, I'll have to show this through video.

The 3cSp macro I used refers to the Special Three Color Series.

Video 1 uses the -U cell. Video 2 uses the +U cell. Video 3 shows how you can apply this commutator to a 4c piece at a corner.

Alvin

vasvaria

Jul 15, 2021, 5:24:05 AM7/15/21
to hypercubing
Hey Alvin,

Thank you very much for your help!

I wish I could understand how you start solving a problem like this and figure out such a nice algorithm. Maybe one day... :)

Thank again and have a nice day!

Best,
Adrian