3^4 Method Development Progress

Blobinati Cuber

Jul 20, 2021, 4:46:49 PM7/20/21
to hypercubing
Hi Everyone! There has been some major method development going on in the Hypercubers Discord Server. If anyone hasn't joined yet, here's the link: https://discord.gg/ZnSVTzJ6uU
We've slowly started to develop a Roux method for the 3^4. We know people have done solves with Roux before, but we're trying to make it better now.
I didn't just want to call this method Roux, because that would be boring. So I've decided to call it Octachoroux. It's just combining octachoron (which is another name for a tesseract) with Roux.
Steps:
Build a 1x2x3x3 block at DL
Build another 1x2x3x3 block on the other side of the cube
Solve the corners of the U cell. Called CMLC for short
Solve the last 30 pieces using any variant you like.

So far, there are 3 variants to solve L30P
Classic:
Solve all the 2c pieces
Solve 2 opposite edges of the D cell
Orient all edges
Solve 2 layers of edges on the U cell (8 edges total)
Reduce to Roux LSE by correcting the 4d orientations
Solve Roux LSE using RKT variants of M and U moves
Luna's Variant: (Exact analogy of Roux)
Orient the 2c and 3c pieces
Solve the Left and Right sides
Permute the M-slice (which is the same as permuting a 3^3)
Tetrian22's Variant:
Orient all pieces
Sort U/D colours into U/D cells
?Freestyle the rest?

Videos:

Once we have things more finalized, I'll add the method to this page on the wiki :)
Take care everyone, Rowan

Melinda Green

Jul 20, 2021, 6:59:01 PM7/20/21
to hypercubing
Great stuff! Maybe when the dust settles we should hold a speedsolving competition to see whose method is fastest.

Best,
-Melinda

Alvin Yang

Jul 21, 2021, 3:56:56 PM7/21/21
to hypercubing
A speedsolving competition? Sounds exciting!