Happy New Year - Happy New Beta

Mark Boas

Jan 3, 2014, 7:57:35 AM1/3/14
to hyper...@googlegroups.com
We've been sprinting over Christmas to bring you the Hyperaudio Beta and the good news is that we're very close. So close in fact that next week we plan to launch a limited beta and we're reaching out to beta testers.

We'll be contacting those of you that have signed up here http://hyperaud.io/signup/ shortly afterwards, but if you want to try out the bleeding edge next week and feedback to us, please let me know.

Here's to a fantastic 2014!

Cheers

Mark

Ben Moskowitz

Jan 16, 2014, 2:36:50 PM1/16/14
to hyper...@googlegroups.com

Andrew Kuklewicz

Jan 16, 2014, 2:46:37 PM1/16/14
to hyper...@googlegroups.com
FWIW - when the 'worst haircut' story blew up, it was crazy-town here at PRX.
I've never seen anything like it (for an audio story).

BTW - how can I get PRX audio added to the hyperaud.io 'Library'? Some API integration I can help with?

- Andrew

Andrew Kuklewicz

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 2:36 PM, Ben Moskowitz <ben...@gmail.com> wrote:
http://digg.com/originals/why-audio-never-goes-viral

Mark Boas

Jan 16, 2014, 3:07:23 PM1/16/14
to hyper...@googlegroups.com
Yeah that's a good read Ben - thanks!

Andrew there's gonna be several ways of getting your audio into the Hyperaudio system or not as the case may be.

The main motivation for putting it on there is so others or a select group (if you opt for a private repo) can remix it using the Hyperaudio Pad http://hyperaud.io/lab/pad/ . One thing I really love about Hyperaudio mixes is the plan to build automatic attribution right in, displaying this in the auto-credits at the end of any piece, so actually it can be a great way of promoting content and the source site.

There will be three main ways of adding your content:

1. Upload it to Hyperaudio and we'll re-upload to Internet Archive.
2. Link to an mp3 or ogg file on your servers.
3. Point to another third party (for audio this could be soundcloud, video might be YouTube)

Of course you will need to transcribe and word-align your content and here again there are several options:

1. Associate a transcript with your media and we will align it.
2. Give us a similar format such as subtitles (SRT) and we'll estimate alignment.
3. Submit to our automatic-speech-to-text service (without a transcript) and we'll use a 3rd party to create a best guess.
4. Submit to our automatic-speech-to-text service with human clean up for precise text and word-alignment.

NOTE - no matter which method you choose you can use our Hyperaudio Cleaner to clean up the result.

That said, if you wanted to put the content on your site, you would use our API's to transcribe content and Hyperaudio.js to create interactive pieces such as this : http://hyperaud.io/lab/ha-examples/AJ/v08/

OR if the transcript+media were made public on Hyperaudio, you could embed directly into your site.

Phew - lots of options and they won't all be available at the start but hopefully one will meet your needs!

Hope that goes some way to answering your question.

Mark