Hyperaudio Pad - New Version

Mark Boas

Apr 4, 2013, 12:13:24 PM4/4/13
to hyper...@googlegroups.com
Hello Group,

We've just finished a 7 day sprint on the Hyperaudio Pad and I thought I'd post the results here first.

This is still pretty much an alpha release so the functionality is limited and bugs are to be expected. Also you will need a browser that supports WebGL. Latest Firefox or Chrome seems to do the job.

That said, you can see a video of me putting it through its paces here: http://happyworm.com/screencams/hyperaudiopad/2013-04-04/demo1-standard.m4v

We'd be interested to know what you all thought, good and bad.

Here's a few of the features we want to add:

- alter brightness, contrast, saturation etc
- control and fade volume
- add audio track that can be played simultaneously or sequentially
- to add effects/transitions in paragraph etc
- to allow editing right down to the word, delete words
- to allow fine tuning of start and end points

Happy to hear suggestions :)

We have a public Trello board going here : https://trello.com/board/hyperaudio-pad/51540fdbb9c9a7df5b002074

You can find the latest version here : http://happyworm.com/clientarea/hyperaudio/hap/ if you fancy playing around.

Cheers

Mark

Mark Boas

Apr 4, 2013, 5:55:27 PM4/4/13
to hyper...@googlegroups.com
I think one useful addition would be the ability to fullscreen the remix and share the fullscreen remix with an option to see the underlying source (ie the transcript snippets, transition and effects defined through text).

One important objective is to foster a remix culture and promote media literacy.