Amara starts offering crowdsourced subtitles for all of your YouTube videos

Mark Boas

Feb 8, 2013, 4:34:05 AM2/8/13
to hyper...@googlegroups.com
http://gigaom.com/2013/02/06/captioning-youtube-videos-amara/

This is great stuff as SRT will be one of the inputs into the Hyperaudio system. Which reminds me I need to update the Hyperaudio Converter and put it back on GitHub. The HA converter allows you to paste in SRTs -- which are usually sentence level timed -- and estimate the word level timings by simply dividing by the number of words in the sentence. Surprisingly it is usually good enough, however it could be improved by taking into account syllables etc. We also hope to provide a way to 'clean up' those estimated timings.

Cheers

Mark