Re: [HYPE] Digest for hypeframework@googlegroups.com - 1 Message in 1 Topic

ian hobbs media

Dec 19, 2011, 9:12:54 PM12/19/11
to hypefr...@googlegroups.com
I'm pretty sure this is built into as3 already. I'm away from my references - but you just need to add a listener to the boundary of the object with a function attached to the positive result.

On 13 December 2011 03:07, <hypefr...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/hypeframework/topics

    Benjamin <santiago...@gmail.com> Dec 11 09:21AM -0800

    Hey I was wondering if there are any recommendations as to a collision
    detection engine/library or method that might be feasible for use with
    hype...I don't need it to be super accurate. What I'd like basically
    like to do is to have a relatively small object pool (10-20) and then
    if objects count as "touching" they will in certain conditions repel
    or create a small "explosion" animation and disappear. I'm trying to
    keep it around 650 by 650px and I could deal with 24 fps if necessary.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group hypeframework.
You can post via email.
To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty message.
For more options, visit this group.

--
Ian Hobbs
Ian Hobbs Media + Codey

PO box 21 Rozelle NSW 2039  |   POST ADDRESS

02 80076927 |  PHONE
0411032601 |   MOBILE
ianhobbs |   SKYPE

i...@ianhobbs.net  |   EMAIL

Joel Brown

Dec 29, 2011, 9:34:47 AM12/29/11
to hypefr...@googlegroups.com
I take it you have tried the regular hitTestObject approach on each object in your pool? I think you can do that using an enter frame event and then running the hit test one each object...