AGU-2024 Session NH026: Hybrid Modeling and Digital Twin Systems for Flood Hazards

David K

Jul 10, 2024, 12:04:42 PM (6 days ago) Jul 10
to Hydrologic Science
Dear colleagues,

Our team will be hosting a new session in AGU focused on "Hybrid Modeling and Digital Twin Systems for Flood Hazard Prediction and Risk Assessment at Different Spatial Scales". We kindly invite you to submit abstracts that combine hydrological, (coastal) hydrodynamic, or hydraulic models with statistical methods, geospatial analysis, or machine learning algorithms to: (i) characterize the spatiotemporal evolution of floods, (ii) predict flood hazards through scenario-based simulations, (iii) conduct risk assessments accounting for vulnerability, exposure, and hazard interactions, and (iv) enable the development of decision-making tools for supporting community disaster management.

We look forward to meeting with you in Washington, DC. Abstract submission is due on July 31st.

Sincerely,

Session Conveners:

David F. Muñoz (Virginia Tech)
Jun-Whan Lee (University of Texas at Austin)
Felix Santiago-Collazo (University of Georgia)
Aikaterini Kyprioti (University of Oklahoma Norman Campus)
James Doss-Gollin (Rice University)