AGU24 session on Hyperresolution Land Surface Modeling (H014)

David K

Jul 10, 2024, 12:21:13 PM (6 days ago) Jul 10
to Hydrologic Science

Dear Colleagues,

Please consider submitting your abstract to our AGU24 session: H014 - Advances in Hyperresolution Land Surface Modeling to Better Address Global Change Challenges.

We are delighted to have our two invited authors:

  • Dr. Ying Fan Reinfelder (Department of Environmental Sciences, Rutgers University)
  • Dr. Paul D. Bates (School of Geographical Sciences, University of Bristol)

This session will focus on hyperresolution land surface modeling, a crucial approach for accurately monitoring and predicting Earth's terrestrial water, energy, and biogeochemical cycles. Traditional models often fail to capture extreme events and heterogeneity. Hyperresolution modeling, with simulations as fine as 1 km globally and finer at regional scales, demands integrating advanced technologies like machine learning and data assimilation. It also requires high-resolution data for model forcing and validation, and process-level verification of model physics at fine scales. We invite submissions on advancements in models, data, methods, and related case studies.

Submit here: https://agu.confex.com/agu/agu24/prelim.cgi/Session/227998

We are excited to talk about hyperresolution modeling with you at AGU24.

Best,

Lingcheng Li, Donghui Xu, Gautam Bisht, and Ming Pan

H014_AD_LowRes.png