New book on the use of UAS for hydrological monitoring

David K

Nov 23, 2022, 9:28:32 AM11/23/22
to Hydrologic Science
Dear Colleagues,

after five years of intense activities carried out within the HARMONIOUS COST Action, the book “Unmanned Aerial Systems for Monitoring Soil, Vegetation, and Riverine Environments” is now available on-line. HARMONIOUS (https://www.costharmonious.eu) has stimulated the participation of more than 200 researchers and technicians from 36 European and non-European countries producing an incredible number of initiatives and results to support UAS users.

The book provides an overview of how unmanned aerial systems have revolutionized our capability to monitor river systems, soil characteristics, and related processes at unparalleled spatio-temporal resolutions. This capability has enabled enhancements in our capacity to describe water cycle and hydrological processes. The book includes guidelines, technical advice, and practical experience to support practitioners and scientists in increasing the efficiency of monitoring with the help of UAS. The book contains field survey datasets to use as practical exercises, allowing proposed techniques and methods to be applied to real world case studies.

Link:  https://rebrand.ly/UAS-Manfreda

kind regards,
Salvatore Manfreda
Prof. Salvatore Manfreda (Ph.D.)