NH040 - Resilience to Compound Drought Extremes in Low-Income Countries: From Risk Assessment to Mitigation Strategies

David K

Jul 6, 2024, 2:30:01 PM (10 days ago) Jul 6
to Hydrologic Science
Dear colleagues,

We would like to invite you to submit abstracts to our AGU 2024 Fall Meeting Session: "NH040 - Resilience to Compound Drought Extremes in Low-Income Countries: From Risk Assessment to Mitigation Strategies”.

We have started this session for the first time to highlight the sustainable solutions and resilient futures to compound drought extremes in low-income countries under climate change.

📌 Invited speakers of this session:

Prof. Amir AghaKouchak (UC Irvine) & Dr. Poulomi Ganguli (IIT Kharagpur)

📌 Submission Deadline: 31st July, 2024
Abstract submission link is here
📌 Topics of interest include:
1) Study of various aspects of compound drought events, including their frequency, intensity, duration and spatial extent, employing advanced risk assessment methodologies.
2) To propose innovative and cost-effective mitigation strategies (not limited to early warning systems, drought-resistant agricultural practices and water resource management techniques) to enhance resilience and adaptive capacity in low-income countries.

Conveners

Sushree Swagatika Swain (University of California, San Diego)

Ashutosh Sharma (Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee)

Somnath Mondal (Arizona State University)