] Survey on Hydrologic Science in the Western US

David Kirschtel

Mar 5, 2021, 1:31:39 PM3/5/21
to hydro...@googlegroups.com
If you are a hydrologic scientist whose work is relevant to the Western US - we have a survey that we are hoping that you will complete

Here's the info and link

New science is transferred via the writing and reading of peer reviewed papers. Many of today’s science subdisciplines are “mature” fields, with hundreds, if not thousands, of peer reviewed papers. Researchers at the UCSB's Bren School of Environmental Science and Management are conducting a survey to better understand, (1) how well our current knowledge transfer system functions; (2) how we as scientists, engineers, managers, practitioners, and policy-makers “keep up” with our field of study; and (3) how well new findings are communicated.

To narrow the scope, the Qualtrics survey (which you can find here) is designed specifically for anyone engaged in natural resource management within the Western United States. This includes a range of subdisciplines such as, but not limited to: hydrology, ecology, meteorology, climatology, economics, law, political science and natural resource management etc.

This survey is voluntary and anonymous.  The survey should take just under 10 minutes to complete and will only allow you to submit your answers once. Results will be summarized in a published paper or report made available through UCSB's Bren School TagueTeam lab website.  Please direct any questions to Naomi Tague at the following email: cta...@bren.ucsb.edu.