Article Collection: Sustainable Water Resource Management under Climate Change

Ibrahim Mohammed

Sep 16, 2021, 2:15:03 PM9/16/21
to hydro...@googlegroups.com
Dear Colleagues,

We are so delighted to invite you to participate at our article collection titled "Sustainable Water Resource Management under Climate Change" with Frontiers in Water - Water Resource Management.

Research Topic Goal:

The goal of this Research Topic is to compile contributions (novel research and review articles) that use a variety of datasets (remote sensing, social surveys, time series observations, climate data) in multidisciplinary studies that aim to showcase innovation for enhanced strategies assessing a realistic “solution space” healthy shared water systems when considering sustainable water management, especially when addressing complex issues often experienced in transboundary water governance, and strategic planning. This Research Topic intends to foster cross-disciplinary engagements spanning physical and social sciences developing transformative research and education initiatives that can assist in mitigating complex and sensitive transboundary river system challenges. Integrated studies approach exploring balancing tradeoffs of sustainable water use and coping with future climate uncertainty through the lens of a social-ecological system are welcome!

We hope this research topic is of interest to you and we look forward to collaborating with you soon.
Please feel free to pass this information to your colleagues and collaborators.

Topic Editors:

Dr. Ibrahim N. Mohammed, Prof. Asim Zia, Dr. Derek Vollmer and Dr. Rafael Schmitt

Submission Deadlines:

31 October 2021 Abstract
28 February 2022 Manuscript

Best regards,

The rapid population, economic, and infrastructure growth and environmental and climate variations have shown the great importance of environmental sustainability for the livelihoods of Earth’s population and should be perceived as a cross-cutting priority. A cross-cutting priority because a balanced relationship between water resources available to us and the human consumption of those ...

Ibrahim N. Mohammed,