PhD High-resolution water resource modelling to better quantify human water interactions within Europe - Utrecht, NLD

David K

Jun 17, 2022, 2:57:41 PM6/17/22
to Hydrologic Science

Dear colleagues,

For the European project SOS-WATER, we are looking for an enthusiastic PhD candidate who is interested in applying hydrological models to make novel high resolution water simulations over the European continent.

The PhD will work on high-resolution water resource models to better quantify the human water interactions in a state-of-the-art global hydrological model (PCR-GLOBWB) developed by the hydrology group at Utrecht University. Your model developments will be validated and tested against local observations and knowledge for different case study regions in Europe in close collaboration with our consortium partners. For a number of hotspot regions, you will perform further in-depth analyses that will be supported by high-resolution simulations of your improved modelling framework and compared to other modelling efforts by our project partners.

Kind regards,
Niko Wanders

--
Dr. ir. Niko Wanders | Assistant Professor Hydrological Extremes | Department of Physical Geography, Faculty of Geosciences | Utrecht University | Vening Meinesz Building A, Princetonlaan 8A, 3584CB Utrecht | Room 4.48 | T. +31 (0)30 253 7504 | Twitter @niko_wanders | Drought explained: https://youtu.be/6zh1N5BV1Pc | E: n.wa...@uu.nl |