[hydromad] using Sacramento model with routing module?

Saalem Adera

Nov 27, 2021, 7:45:43 PM11/27/21
to hydromad users
Hi everyone,

Does the implementation of the Sacramento model in hydromad already include a routing module within the sacramento.sim() function?  I'm asking because I noticed that it was previously suggested in a hydromad conversation that combining the Sacramento SMA model with a routing module would not make sense (link to previous conversation: https://groups.google.com/g/hydromad-users/c/N65GO8gpRzg/m/bx_8mZiYAQAJ).  Why would it not make sense?

Thanks,
Saalem

Willem Vervoort

Nov 27, 2021, 9:05:48 PM11/27/21
to hydromad-users
Hi Saalem,
the structure of the Sacramento model implicitly includes the "routing behaviour" through the different stores in the model: https://www.nws.noaa.gov/ohd/hrl/nwsrfs/users_manual/part2/_pdf/23sacsma.pdf
While you could add an additional routing module to the model, this conceptually then would be some sort of routing behaviour in a channel that is fed by the Sacramento rainfall runoff model.

Willem

Saalem Adera

Nov 29, 2021, 2:28:44 AM11/29/21
to hydroma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Willem,

Great, thank you, that makes sense!

Thanks,
Saalem

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "hydromad users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hydromad-users/CAHJpk%3DJb3GDkyNMvOAHnTMHYDuoxneuDdfniYNBj5PwQ5zX7Cw%40mail.gmail.com.