"Warnings" message in hydromad

Guniganti Surya Kiran

Jan 20, 2022, 5:11:04 AM1/20/22
to hydromad users
Dear all,
               While running the model in hydromad I got a warning message which is as follows
Warning messages:
1: In do_srivfit(DATA, init.model = init.model, order = order, noise.order = noise.order,  :
  did not converge after 12 iterations
2: In do_srivfit(DATA, init.model = init.model, order = order, noise.order = noise.order,  :
  did not converge after 12 iterations
3: In do_srivfit(DATA, init.model = init.model, order = order, noise.order = noise.order,  :
  did not converge after 12 iterations
4: In do_srivfit(DATA, init.model = init.model, order = order, noise.order = noise.order,  :
  did not converge after 12 iterations
let me know how serious this could be for my model and how to solve it. I am using SAC-SMA model and armax for routing, sriv for rfit.
With regards
G Surya Kiran

Joseph Guillaume

Jan 23, 2022, 7:56:15 PM1/23/22
to hydromad users
The warnings are generated during the SRIV fitting process. This may have been only for early parameters of the SMA during the optimisation process, in which case they are probably not relevant to the final result.
If the warning is still being raised for the SMA parameters at the end of the optimisation, then you're probably also getting poor performance of your model, and you'll want to consider other alternative model specifications.

Guniganti Surya Kiran

Jan 31, 2022, 1:16:49 AM1/31/22
to hydromad users
Thank you sir