improve the model

mahdi amirabadizadeh

Aug 7, 2021, 2:41:15 PM8/7/21
to hydromad users
Hi to all,
I choose the NS as optimization function for a dry watershed in Iran, with many efforts, the best Ns value is 0.42. my question is that is there any setting parameter in hydromad to improve the NS value?
best regards

Willem Vervoort

Aug 8, 2021, 6:11:28 PM8/8/21
to hydromad-users
Dear Mahdi,
It is very difficult to answer your question as we don't know what model you are using, what data you have and what the specific characteristics of your catchment are.
This list is mainly to resolve technical issues with hydromad. I am not sure that we can solve your hydrological problems.
Low NS values can arise from several directions. It can be due to streamflow data with high variability, it could be due to lack of spatial representation of the rainfall or ET data, it could be due to measurement errors, and it could be because the model just simply struggles to fit the complexity of the data.

Kind regards
Willem