Monte Carlo, other methods of optimization?

Jen Kern

Feb 22, 2021, 1:37:57 PM2/22/21
to hydromad users
Hi all,

I'm running HBV on a catchment over 40 years and I'm getting interested in looking at differences across the optimal parameter set for each decade... I've heard of using Monte Carlo in models to optimize, but I'm not sure if anyone has yet tried to apply it with this package? And how it went? I know HBV-light has some optimization options, but I'm curious about in R...

Thanks always,
Jen

Willem Vervoort

Feb 23, 2021, 4:41:06 AM2/23/21
to hydromad-users, Joseph Guillaume
Hi Jen,
Hydromad currently includes the DREAM algorithm (fitByDream()), you could have a look at that. This is a direct implementation of the original matlab code from Jasper Vrugt. @Joseph Guillaume  can probably comment more. If you use the HBV implementation in hydromad, this should be straight forward.

Willem