ET and soil moisture from the model

Deva Charan

Jan 4, 2021, 4:21:10 AM1/4/21
to hydromad users
Hi all,

I am a student working with hydromad in recent times. I want the AET and soil moisture from the model results. Can we extract them and yes, how to do that?

Thanks in advance

Deva

Willem Vervoort

Jan 4, 2021, 4:59:34 AM1/4/21
to hydromad-users
Dear Deva,
I agree this is not well explained in the current tutorial. It is hidden in section 7.6, which says:

It is sometimes useful to look at the model state variables, available as predict(mod, return_state = TRUE) (for the SMA model), or predict(mod, return_components = TRUE) (for the routing model), to see if they look sensible.

So set return_state = TRUE to get the components as output

Regards
Willem

Deva Charan

Jan 5, 2021, 1:51:01 AM1/5/21
to hydromad users
sir, thanks for the answer.
I have tried it by giving return_state = TRUE  but the following error was occurring
Error in fusesma.sim(DATA, rferr_add = 0, rferr_mlt = 1L, maxwatr_1 = 103.51685, : unused argument (return_state = TRUE)
it was telling that unused argument
sir, pls help me to solve this error and sir, I am also trying to extract the actual evapotranspiration(AET) from the model but I am not getting it . help me with this also sir

Willem Vervoort

Jan 5, 2021, 5:19:51 AM1/5/21
to hydromad-users
Dear Deva,
check the statement I suggested. The return_state = TRUE statement is part of the predict() function
Regards
Willem

Joseph Guillaume

Jan 10, 2021, 7:21:02 PM1/10/21
to hydromad users
Dear Deva,

It would be useful to share a reproducible example in addition to your error message.

In this case, I can however guess the problem.
It's up to each individual model implementation to support return_state and return_components.
It looks like you're using the models provided by fuse and fusesma.sim does not support the return_state argument.

I suggest looking at the documentation and code in the fuse package itself for how to access the outputs you are looking for.
It may be possible to alter the fuse functions to then support return_state and return_components.

Cheers,

Joseph

Deva Charan

Jan 11, 2021, 5:05:21 AM1/11/21
to hydromad users
thankyou sir,
I have tried it by not using fuse. it was working
but what are variables in the output means ?
CMD, Xs and Xq means ?
Screenshot 2021-01-11 153100.png

Willem Vervoort

Jan 11, 2021, 5:11:12 AM1/11/21
to hydromad-users
Hi Deva,
see the details section of the helpfile from the cmd module: http://hydromad.catchment.org/#cmd and the expuh module: http://hydromad.catchment.org/#expuh
CMD is the storage, Xq is quick flow, Xs is slow flow

Regards
Willem