Call for Abstract - Frontiers in Hydrology Meeting - New Paradigms for Urban Hydrology

Kun Zhang

Dec 30, 2021, 11:30:03 PM12/30/21
to Hydrology

Dear Colleagues,

We are delighted to invite you to submit abstract to our session titled "New Paradigms for Urban Hydrology" (Section of "Design for Change") with Frontiers in Hydrology Meeting (#FIHM22) co-organized by AGU and CUASHI. The conference will take place 19-24 June 2022 in San Juan, Puerto Rico, and online everywhere.

Session description:

New challenges in urban hydrology are driven by anthropogenic disturbance, climate change, integration of natural and built environments, and increased focus on environmental equity and justice. Novel approaches are needed to explain unique urban hydrologic processes and to support watershed and infrastructure management, hazard mitigation, and sustainability and resilience. This session will organize presentations and an interactive discussion to share new data, instrumentation, and analyses focused on novel aspects of urban hydrology and relationships between water and urban communities. Interdisciplinary research is welcomed, which may include: modelling, watershed management and socio-environmental systems, green infrastructure, citizen-science monitoring, sensor networks and smart water systems, among others. We will moderate an inclusive discussion to share lessons learned and new ideas that telescopes across scales, from sites to cities and regions, and across disciplines, from social sciences to hydrology and engineering, to propose, build, and evaluate new paradigms for urban hydrology across diverse systems.

Submission Deadline: 26 January 2022

We welcome works of all different directions within the scope of urban hydrology; interdisciplinary works are especially welcomed. We will wait for your submission and look forward to collaborate with you for an informative and successful session communication.

Kind regards,
Dr. Kun Zhang
Dr. Anthony Parolari
Dr. Branko Kerkez