Hyde gets a co-maintainer! Welcome Jordi Llonch!

Lakshmi

May 22, 2015, 4:43:45 PM5/22/15
to hyde...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

Jordi sent me an email introducing himself and offered to help
me with maintaining hyde.

Other parts of my life have taken priority over hyde and it is only fitting that someone
else play an active role in breathing fresh life into one of my dearest projects.   Given
Jordi's long history with the python community I think he is that "life breather".

Please join me in welcoming Jordi and a brighter future for hyde.

Cheers
Lakshmi

Jordi Llonch

May 22, 2015, 7:34:54 PM5/22/15
to hyde...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Lakshmi and Hello!

As you might be aware, in my recent posts to the group I was asking about the status of the project. The replies where 1) I forked hyde, 2) use other projects. IMHO, hyde excels over other static generators and it is worth to keep the project active.

Will be very good to hear about your ideas and how you imagine the future of the project.

Also I want to invite everybody that forked the project and it's working on his own repo to initiate a pull request in GitHub.

Cheers,
Jordi

David García Garzón

May 23, 2015, 10:59:52 PM5/23/15
to hyde...@googlegroups.com
Great news!

I choosed hyde for several of my websites because of its many features
and extensibility and I was starting to get worried about it getting
unmaintained or splitted in many projects.

Receiving mails on PRs being merged is nice.

David.

El 23/05/15 a les 01:34, Jordi Llonch ha escrit:
> Thanks Lakshmi and Hello!
>
> As you might be aware, in my recent posts to the group I was asking
> about the status of the project. The replies where 1) I forked hyde, 2)
> use other projects. IMHO, hyde excels over other static generators and
> it is worth to keep the project active.
>
> Will be very good to hear about your ideas and how you imagine the
> future of the project.
>
> Also I want to invite everybody that forked the project and it's working
> on his own repo to initiate a pull request in GitHub.
>
> Cheers,
> Jordi

> <mailto:lakshm...@gmail.com>>:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> Jordi sent me an email introducing himself and offered to help
> me with maintaining hyde.
>
> Other parts of my life have taken priority over hyde and it is only
> fitting that someone
> else play an active role in breathing fresh life into one of my
> dearest projects. Given
> Jordi's long history with the python community I think he is that
> "life breather".
>
> Please join me in welcoming Jordi and a brighter future for hyde.
>
> Cheers
> Lakshmi
>
> --
>

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hyde-dev/CAMocaJB0kgsytEgVc8zJuV6Mo4seCy0-Z%3DiTy_CROMb8wq1d0g%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hyde-dev/CAMocaJB0kgsytEgVc8zJuV6Mo4seCy0-Z%3DiTy_CROMb8wq1d0g%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Jordi Llonch

May 24, 2015, 3:21:06 AM5/24/15
to hyde...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

Thanks for trusting the project.

First the plan is to ensure the code quality, updating dependencies, passing unittests and integrating Travis CI.

Then will try to regroup forks into the project.

At this stage, any ideas and help will be appreciated.

Cheers,
Jordi

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hyde-dev/55613EA2.6090709%40canvoki.net.

John

May 26, 2015, 3:32:29 PM5/26/15
to hyde...@googlegroups.com
I'm glad to see this is happening, too!

I assume if Lakshmi no longer has time to maintain Hyde, then fswrap
might also become orphaned. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

I have a branch that replaces the fswrap dependency with path.py. If
there's interest, I will try to clean it up and push it to a public
repo. Path.py is not only actively maintained, but is also Python 3
compatible.

The same reasoning might apply to Commando.

Cheers,
John

Lakshmi

Oct 30, 2015, 8:51:31 AM10/30/15
to Hyde
Hello All,

Hyde now has another co-maintainer.  Jon Banafato has been helping out with
getting hyde into the 3.x zone.   He has already pushed commando and fswrap
towards 3.x compatibility and has been working on 3.x compatibility for hyde.

He has also freed up the #hyde channel on freenode.

----

We are currently planning to make a minor release pretty soon and follow it up
with a major release with some bigger goals.

Thanks
Lakshmi

Jon Banafato

Nov 3, 2015, 12:03:20 AM11/3/15
to Lakshmi, hyde...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the intro, Lakshmi. Happy to be involved. My focus right now is forward compatibility, and I’m hoping to make some documentation improvements in the near future as well. You can find me in #hyde on freenode and in github issues; if anyone has suggestions on other ways we can improve the community’s knowledge sharing (gitter.im seems popular these days), I’d love to hear them.

Thanks,
Jon