How can I safely escape special characters such as German Umlauts?

Henning

Feb 12, 2013, 1:15:59 PM2/12/13
to hyde...@googlegroups.com
I want to safely encode my texts including special characters (such as Ä, Ü, Ö). I tried Jinja filters but did not get my desired results:
If I use safe filter all "<",">" etc. get perfectly escaped, but not my special chars. Another option I tried was using forceescape, however, this resulted in completely escaped HTML but the german Umlauts where still there.

Is there some configuration in Jinija I need to set?

Thanks for pointing me into the right direction!

Henning

Kwpolska

Feb 12, 2013, 2:39:49 PM2/12/13
to hyde...@googlegroups.com
> --

Please don’t. It’s 2013, and you should use Unicode (UTF-8 to be
exact), not some ancient encodes.

--
Kwpolska <http://kwpolska.tk> | GPG KEY: 5EAAEA16
stop html mail | always bottom-post

Henning Hager

Feb 12, 2013, 3:59:00 PM2/12/13
to hyde...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I guess my question should be the other way round: Am i fine with delivering my HTML pages UTF-8 encoded? I was worried that there might be some browsers around, which can't handle UTF-8...
--
Henning Hager
MONKEY WORKS

Telefon: +49 351 46333130

Kwpolska

Feb 13, 2013, 2:31:22 PM2/13/13
to hyde...@googlegroups.com
YES, YOU ARE! I told you: this is 2013. Everyone and their cat
accepts UTF-8 characters and nobody really uses any other encoding
today.