Hyde future

Jordi Llonch

May 27, 2015, 3:45:38 AM5/27/15
to hyde...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

As you might know, we gave some love to the project for the last few days.

Hyde is a fantastic project with features that beat other site generators.

This is my motivation for helping maintaining the project.

Please, let me share with you a possible roadmap to the future of Hyde and release 1.0.

Right now, we have detected some situations to address:

* Perception of abandoned project.
* Documentation, and
* A website.

My first effort has been ensuring integration with Travis and the unit tests pass in order to ensure what is coming will keep the existing functionality working.

The next step will be to request current forks so our effort gets improved with other community members.

Will be nice to know your thoughts and how you envision the future of Hyde.

Cheers,
Jordi

Andrés

Nov 4, 2015, 8:15:04 AM11/4/15
to Hyde
Molt bones Jordi,

Am Mittwoch, 27. Mai 2015 09:45:38 UTC+2 schrieb Jordi Llonch:
Hi,

As you might know, we gave some love to the project for the last few days.

Right now, we have detected some situations to address:

* Perception of abandoned project.
* Documentation, and
* A website.

Totally agree with these issues.

I just contacted Lakshmi yesterday asking for some pointers to volunteer with the documentation; I'm very glad to be now in the mailing list and seeing that the project is far more active than it looked like!

As mentioned, I'd like to start with documentation (in about 2 weeks), which as-of-now means updating the website as well since they are one and the same.
I hope updating documentation and site helps with the first issue you mention: Perception of abandoned project.

Already set up a live site [1] for my fork of the documentation [2] and will start creating push requests in 2 weeks when I come back from a small trip.

[1]: http://hyde.evilham.com
[2]: https://github.com/evilham/hyde-docs

Salutacions,
--
Andrés

GDR!

Nov 18, 2015, 10:10:26 AM11/18/15
to hyde...@googlegroups.com
It's great to hear that you're working on the docs. Your server is currently displaying 404, however.

Nice to see Hyde moving forward again, anyway.

Andrés

Nov 18, 2015, 10:56:47 AM11/18/15
to hyde...@googlegroups.com
Hello there,

Am 18/11/2015 um 16:10 schrieb GDR!:
> It's great to hear that you're working on the docs. Your server is
> currently displaying 404, however.
>
> http://hyde.evilham.com/

Should be fixed now, thanks for pointing it out.

My work on the documentation will start next weak instead of this one
since my trip got unexpectedly longer.

See you soon,
--
Andrés

---

Albert Vonpupp

Nov 20, 2015, 8:02:49 AM11/20/15
to Hyde
Hello guys,

I am documenting the process to setup a multilingual site with Hyde. I have been busy a bit lately but as soon as I am done I will post it here for your review.

Regards.

Lakshmi Vyasarajan

Nov 20, 2015, 8:27:22 AM11/20/15
to hyde...@googlegroups.com
Fantastic.  Looking forward to it, Albert.

Cheers
Lakshmi