Database publication

Jordi Llonch

Oct 8, 2013, 5:37:13 AM10/8/13
to hyde...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have been using hyde for a while and I love the tool. Thanks!

Now, I want to create a static hyde site with contents from a database table.
The requisite is to create paginated listings, no detail page is required.

What is the best way to proceed? Using a plugin?
Any ideas or directions on the best practices for that?

Thanks,
Jordi

Jared Sampson

Oct 8, 2013, 6:57:05 PM10/8/13
to hyde-dev
Hi Jordi -

One solution might be to dump the database into yaml format.  I've never done this, but found this thread (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/490507/best-way-to-export-a-database-table-to-a-yaml-file) which may be helpful.

Cheers,
Jared

Jordi Llonch

Oct 8, 2013, 7:27:36 PM10/8/13
to hyde...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jared,

I have tried that, the standard pagination requires lots of resources.
I was thinking on a more efficient way to create paginated resources directly.

Because the lack of documentation is hard to proceed.

Cheers,
Jordi