Version 0.8.7 Released

Lakshmi Vyas

May 30, 2013, 9:46:26 AM5/30/13
to hyde...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I just posted hyde v0.8.7 to pypi.
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/hyde/0.8.7

Breaking Change
=============

Adding support for unicode urls with escaping made it harder to use `media_url` (and other url macros)
with external links. The standard work around has been to pass an additional `safe` parameter or
add `encoding_safe` to the config file.

However, this is not completely desirable as we may want the path portion to be escaped properly but,
the base url untouched. Given that the base url's are provided via the config, it seemed fair to assume
that they have been escaped already. This fixes issues like https://github.com/hyde/hyde/issues/158.

This might be a breaking change in two situations (that I could think of):

1. If the base url's provided in the config are not quoted (Easy to fix)
2. If any work arounds were done to work around the original issue (May be harder or maybe no change is required).

Either way, please test if this affects your websites while upgrading to 0.8.7.

New features
==========

## Drafts

To set a blog post in draft mode, simply add `is_draft: true` to the post meta data. This will
mark the post as not processable (resource.is_processable: False) in production mode
(site.config.mode == prod*), there by making hyde skip the post during generation. The post
will be generated normally in other modes.

See test: https://github.com/hyde/hyde/blob/master/hyde/tests/ext/test_drafts.py#L26

## Circular prev/next in sorter (loop)

This was requested by Jared Sampson in a previous thread. Essentially, the `prev_by_xxx` for the
first item will point to the last item in the list and `next_by_xxx` for the last item will point to the first.
This can be enabled by setting: `circular: true` in sorter configuration.

See test: https://github.com/hyde/hyde/blob/master/hyde/tests/ext/test_sorter.py#L201

Bugfixes
=======

Quite a few bugs have been fixed.