How to setup a multilanguage Hyde site

Vonpupp

Nov 26, 2015, 9:44:55 PM11/26/15
to Hyde
Hello friends,

I made a tiny contribution documenting my experience on setting up a multi-language Hyde site, of course with the great help of Lakshmi. I would kindly ask you for a review so I could know if I need to change/fix something or just your feedback (positive or negative).

Herewith the urls:

If you want to do a PR directly, feel free to. Here is the github repo: https://github.com/vonpupp/hydesite

Thank you very much.

Lakshmi Vyasarajan

Nov 29, 2015, 4:00:08 AM11/29/15
to hyde...@googlegroups.com
Hi Albert,

Very nice articles. I think the ML setup will be hugely beneficial for
new users. It also provides a good base for us to integrate it to
hyde core.

Just a few comments:

1) Links are not translated from markdown in the multi language post.
2) I know Julien Danjou's setup has issues with `hyde serve` but I
have gotten it to work on your site. While it has issues with some
complex setups and changes, `hyde serve` reduces the lag time when
writing posts. I'd like to suggest you to try that out and see if it
fares better than your fabfile setup.

Thank you so much,
Lakshmi

Vonpupp

Dec 1, 2015, 12:43:18 PM12/1/15
to Hyde
Thank you for your very useful feedback Lakshmi,

I changed the python HTTP server with the Hyde serve as you proposed. I now understood what you said, in fact a similar idea was on my TODO list on the first post, I wanted to implement gulp + browsersync on Hyde. I have read that some people are able to use it with Jekyll [1] so I thought it was possible with Hyde also. Do you think it would worth the effort? I'm new to gulp also, so it will definitively take me some time to achieve this.

I also would like to include YAML lint [2] to check if the syntax is OK, to do so I believe a schema is required. Do you have that schema or do you know if it actually exist?

If you (or any other member) have any other comment or critic, please feel free. My intention is these posts to be helpful to others, as you helped me out =)

Regards.

[1]: http://stefanimhoff.de/2014/gulp-tutorial-1-intro-setup/
[2]: https://github.com/Grokzen/pykwalify