How to create a page with repeating elements from a list of content ?

AWalters

Apr 27, 2014, 9:20:47 AM4/27/14
to hyde...@googlegroups.com
Hi there ,

I have just started using Hyde and must say I am blown away by it's power and speed .

However I have been struggling to find the right method to deal with a requirement of mine .

I want to have a webpage with a grid of cards and images .

I've managed to get it working here : http://limitlesssoftware.net/rapidreader/

Currently I have a folder for this page , with individual html files for each row of content . Whilst this works , it is a bit tedious to setup and will make my website quite verbose as it get's more content.

Can anyone suggest a method whereby I could have the entire pages content in one file ?

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Jared Sampson

Apr 29, 2014, 2:55:31 PM4/29/14
to hyde...@googlegroups.com
Hi AWalters -

Assuming the text and image in each row are from the same post or
article, I would say you're doing it right--each row actually should
be contained in its own file. This gives you flexibility if you
decide to add or remove posts (you can use filter for a variable such
as "active: true" in the yaml frontmatter, and keep the old ones
(active: false) there just in case you want to put them back in), or
use them differently in the future. Aside from how it looks when you
view the "content" directory on your computer, is there another reason
why you'd want to merge them?

Cheers,
Jared

Sent from my iPhone