Yard hosts needed for neighborhood newsletter distribution

John TeSelle

Jun 23, 2021, 9:33:34 AM6/23/21
to hw...@googlegroups.com
Residents on many streets in our neighborhood receive the newsletter directly at their front door courtesy of our delivery volunteers. But we have incomplete coverage in other areas so we are trying a new method of delivery there.

This map shows where we have difficulty delivering door to door (the areas at the "corners" of the neighborhood, filled in with colors):

If you live in one of those areas, or own rental property there, please consider hosting a distribution box like this in your yard:

image.png

Hosting a distribution box is easy:
  1. Find a good place to store the box when not needed (like your basement) and a good place to put it in the yard (where passers-by will see it)
  2. When a newsletter is published (4 times a year, maximum) a stack of copies will be given to you.
  3. Take the box out of storage and place it in your yard with the newsletters in it. Let your neighbors know that they can take one for free.
  4. After a week or so, put the box back in storage and recycle any unused newsletters.
  5. Let us know if you run out or have a lot left. That's it!
We have 10 boxes looking for a good home in these areas that don't have reliable in-person newsletter delivery. Please reply to this email and let me know your location if you can help!

Many thanks,

- John TeSelle