Formality of the competition

Vladyslav Kuzminskyi

Nov 25, 2021, 9:26:36 AM11/25/21
to Hutter Prize
Hello everybody!

Can I count on the entire prize pool? If I fully and fundamentally know the solution to the problems of the competition. Should I comply with all the formalities and nuances of the publication? Is it better to focus on the description of the theory and its potential practical use.

Most people or synthetics will write the best implementations and technologies in the same amount of time.

James Bowery

Nov 25, 2021, 9:32:09 AM11/25/21
to Hutter Prize
The formalities apply so please comply.

The Hutter Prize For Lossless Compression of Human Knowledge is designed to minimize potential bias in judging.  This makes it unique as a prize competition and also points the way to minimize algorithmic bias in general through application of the Algorithmic Information Theory upon which the Prize is based.

Wouter vd Schagt

Nov 25, 2021, 11:45:07 AM11/25/21
to hutter...@googlegroups.com
Good evening from hong Kong,

I think the rules and formula for the prize speak for themselves. The amount you can win depends on the progress you make compared to past entries.

In other words, the proof is in the pudding.

I've a good theoretical understanding, had some ideas, tried to implement and failed. Maybe you can do better.

Good Luck!