Re: [HG-new] Digest for hurdygurdy@googlegroups.com - 4 updates in 2 topics

Walton Page

Feb 8, 2019, 8:28:08 PM2/8/19
to hurdy...@googlegroups.com

-----Original Message-----
From: hurdygurdy <hurdy...@googlegroups.com>
To: Digest recipients <hurdy...@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thu, Feb 7, 2019 2:19 am
Subject: [HG-new] Digest for hurdy...@googlegroups.com - 4 updates in 2 topics

<hobgo...@aol.com>: Feb 06 11:55PM

Dear All,I live in Louisiana, and own 3 Balazs Nagy instruments, one of which I would like to sell:  It is a Balazs tekerolant with case, which I bought after he started putting screws in the tangents, and it has almost never been played at all. Please let me know if you are interested, or know how I can sell it. I emailed this information to Cali and Alden, but they did not respond. I have no venues in which to play these instruments any more, but this one has had the least play time.Thanks, Alice Wallace
Shangrilart <shang...@earthlink.net>: Feb 06 04:47PM -0800

Hi Alice

Too bad you don't have a venue to play at anymore.
Were you playing Hungarian music?

How much are you asking?

Do you have some photo's

R.T. Taylor

Envoyé de mon iPad

<hobgo...@aol.com>: Feb 07 01:23AM

Dear Mr. Taylor,
Here are the pictures. The price I am hoping for is $1700 plus shipping and insurance. No, I do not play Hungarian music; I played Renaissance and Celtic music for a Renaissance festival. The reason all my 3 hurdy-gurdies are Balazs instruments is that his was the sound I wanted. I neglected to mention a repair to the edge of the deck, which was injured while I was hurrying through a door. I sent it to a luthier to replace and repair, and he did a solid repair, but a crappy finishing job. He apparently became irritated when I persisted in urging him to finish in less than 2 years. This was a shop that had rebuilt a shattered viola da gamba in less than a year, and returned it looking better than it had looked before it had broken. It and I never successfully bonded, since I bought an older Balazs tek from a friend while the other was languishing in Arkansas. As you can see, it has 5 strings.

I hope you or someone else will give it a good home.
Alice Wallace
In a message dated 2/6/2019 6:48:00 PM Central Standard Time, shang...@earthlink.net writes:
Hi Alice
Too bad you don't have a venue to play at anymore.Were you playing Hungarian music?
How much are you asking?
Do you have some photo's

R.T. Taylor
Melissa Kacalanos <mij...@yahoo.com>: Feb 06 06:48PM -0500

Any hg players in NYC? A filmmaker needs one, and is disappointed that I’m no longer there. Let me know if you want his contact info.

Melissa the Loud