Balazs Nagy tekerolant for sale

hobgo...@aol.com

Feb 6, 2019, 6:55:59 PM2/6/19
to hurdy...@googlegroups.com

Dear All,
I live in Louisiana, and own 3 Balazs Nagy instruments, one of which I would like to sell:  It is a Balazs tekerolant with case, which I bought after he started putting screws in the tangents, and it has almost never been played at all. Please let me know if you are interested, or know how I can sell it. I emailed this information to Cali and Alden, but they did not respond. I have no venues in which to play these instruments any more, but this one has had the least play time.
Thanks,
Alice Wallace

Shangrilart

Feb 6, 2019, 7:47:59 PM2/6/19
to hurdy...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alice

Too bad you don't have a venue to play at anymore.
Were you playing Hungarian music?

How much are you asking?

Do you have some photo's

R.T. Taylor

Envoyé de mon iPad

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "hurdygurdy" group.

hobgo...@aol.com

Feb 6, 2019, 8:23:13 PM2/6/19
to hurdy...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mr. Taylor,

Here are the pictures. The price I am hoping for is $1700 plus shipping and insurance. No, I do not play Hungarian music; I played Renaissance and Celtic music for a Renaissance festival. The reason all my 3 hurdy-gurdies are Balazs instruments is that his was the sound I wanted. I neglected to mention a repair to the edge of the deck, which was injured while I was hurrying through a door. I sent it to a luthier to replace and repair, and he did a solid repair, but a crappy finishing job. He apparently became irritated when I persisted in urging him to finish in less than 2 years. This was a shop that had rebuilt a shattered viola da gamba in less than a year, and returned it looking better than it had looked before it had broken. It and I never successfully bonded, since I bought an older Balazs tek from a friend while the other was languishing in Arkansas. As you can see, it has 5 strings.

I hope you or someone else will give it a good home.

Alice Wallace

IMG_0165.JPG
IMG_0166.JPG
IMG_0167.JPG