Doreen Muskett

Michael Muskett

Dec 16, 2014, 6:20:22 AM12/16/14
to HG Forum (US)
Doreen Muskett, after fighting Parkinson’s for 44 years passed away an hour ago. Her need for a teaching book has led to 3 editions and a 4th in preparation, helping to make the hurdy-gurdy more popular in many countries.
Doreen has recently been under gentle sedation. This morning I played to her a French dance tune, a musette by Bach and aFrench lullaby, Fait dodo. A few minutes later she gave up the struggle knowing I was beside her,

Please remember that Carols are songs for accompanying a round dance, gentle and not riotously fast. Perhaps you would dedicate such a dance in her memory. And please collect for Parkinson’s research.

To all my friends far and near
Happy Christmas
Michael

.

Sabina

Dec 16, 2014, 7:09:17 AM12/16/14
to hurdy...@googlegroups.com
I’m so sorry, Michael. Doreen will live forever through her contribution to the gurdy playing community.
Chris.
> --
> --

> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "hurdygurdy" group.

Christa Muths

Dec 16, 2014, 8:53:18 AM12/16/14
to hurdy...@googlegroups.com
I am so sorry Michael. It is wonderful how she was able to pass over you playing to her. She will take these memoriers with her into her new realm.

She will be forever remembered by the Hurdy Gurdy community.

Love

Christa

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Melvin Dorries

Dec 16, 2014, 9:50:08 AM12/16/14
to hurdy...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael,
So sorry for your loss.
We will be praying for you during this difficult time of grief and adjustment.
Mel and Ann

Dec 16, 2014, 10:19:41 AM12/16/14
to hurdy...@googlegroups.com
Dear Michael, I am so sorry for your loss. Doreen will be remembered
with love, and many tunes will be played in her honor.

Thinking of you and sending hugs,

Beverly Woods

George Leverett-Altarwind Hurdy Gurdies

Dec 16, 2014, 10:58:32 AM12/16/14
to hurdy...@googlegroups.com
I'm so sorry for your loss.  You both have touched more lives than you know

George

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "hurdygurdy" group.

Billy Horne

Dec 16, 2014, 12:03:20 PM12/16/14
to hurdy...@googlegroups.com
My thoughts and condolances are with you and the family at this sad passing of a very special and brave lady. Thank you for caring and being there for her.
Billy Horne

cwhill

Dec 16, 2014, 8:17:36 PM12/16/14
to hurdy...@googlegroups.com
Michael, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My prayers are with you. I
really don't know what to say other than both you she touched so many
lives for which we are so thankful. How wonderful you were able to play
for her when it mattered most.

Colin Hill
-----
No virus found in this message.

duodrone

Dec 17, 2014, 1:47:35 PM12/17/14
to hurdy...@googlegroups.com
Dear Michael,

Our thoughts are with you. We will most definitely play a tune for Doreen, and for you as well.

Sharon & Juan

Dave Holland

Dec 17, 2014, 5:49:50 PM12/17/14
to hurdy...@googlegroups.com

Dear Michael,

Sorry to hear this. The Muskett method book was my first guide in learning to play the hurdy-gurdy. Thinking of you.

Dave

Rachelnardo

Dec 17, 2014, 6:23:15 PM12/17/14
to hurdy...@googlegroups.com
Love to Michael after a very long and loving fight. Rachel

Sent from my iPhone

Felicia Dale

Dec 22, 2014, 3:59:33 PM12/22/14
to hurdy...@googlegroups.com
Michael,
I’m so very sorry to hear of Doreen’s passing. There is never enough time to spend with those we love even if we have a life time together.

I will gladly play a tune with you both in mind!

Again, my most sincere sympathies on your loss.

Felicia.

Peter Bull

Sep 25, 2016, 2:45:31 AM9/25/16
to hurdygurdy
I only today came across this notice of Doreen Muskett's passing. Like many, I owed her much for her patient and meticulous teaching of the hurdy gurdy . I count myself very fortunate to have been able to learn the instrument from her.  She is well remembered.