Hunchworks evolution

Chris van der Walt

Jul 20, 2012, 10:58:09 AM7/20/12
to hunch...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Apologies for the radio silence. There have been some significant and exciting changes occurring behind the scenes regarding Hunchworks that I would like to tell you about.

Sara Framer and I have left the UN and have set up a small company to continue development of Hunchworks. We will be working with Global Pulse and other agencies to make sure that it still serves its original mission. We still plan to develop it as a a free and open source platform but also plan to offer a commercial instance to support ongoing development.

We have reviewed the design in light of the changed institutional arrangements and are working with PJ Onori (formerly of Adaptive Path) and a soon-to-be-hired but yet-to-be-named developer to build out a prototype over the next few months. We have opted to start a fresh code base, primarily because we have made some significant changes to the design which we will share soon.

From this point on, development will pick up apace and Sara and I will try to keep everyone informed. If you have any questions or would like to get involved in supporting design and development, please get in touch.

Thanks
Chris