Saudi Arabia: Stop extradition of Uyghur men to China

Tilly lavenas

Mar 27, 2022, 10:24:42 AM3/27/22
Dear Friends
Please send this letter or in your own words about two Uyghur religious scholars who are at high risk of extradition to China following their arrest in 2020. Since then, they have been held in Jeddah Dhahban Central Prison without charge.

We don’t have an email address for the King so please send a letter if you can and mail or email a copy to the ambassador in your country.  Thanks! Tilly & Guy

His Majesty King Salman bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud
Office of His Majesty the King Royal Court
Riyadh Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Your Excellency,

I am deeply concerned about the safety of religious scholar Aimidoula Waili  and Nuermaimaiti Ruze, who have been detained since 20 November 2020 in Jeddah Dhahban Central Prison. I understand no reasons were given for their detention.

I am distressed to learn that if they are extradited to China, Aimidoula Waili and Nuermaimaiti Ruze will be at real risk of arbitrary detention and torture. Additionally their extradition would violate the Kingdom’s obligations under international law.

I urge you to release them unless there is sufficient and credible evidence that they have committed an internationally recognizable offence.

I hope to hear from you concerning this distressing case.

Sincerely

Please send a copy to the ambassador in your country

HE HRH Prince Khalid Bin Bandar Bin Sultan Al-Saud
Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia
30 Charles Street
London W1J 5DZ

HE Princess Reema bint Bandar bin Sultan bin Abdulaziz Al Saud
Embassy of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
601 New Hampshire Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20037

For more information about Amnesty’s Urgent Action 27/22, March 25, 2022: https://www.amnesty.org/en/documents/mde23/5399/2022/en/