Three quick appeals

Guy Ottewell

Nov 2, 2023, 3:37:31 PM11/2/23
to human rights letters

Dear friends, the conflicts in Ukraine and Israel/Palestine are so massive that it seems hopeless for individuals to make a difference. Here are three brief appeals to more manageable targets!

You can easily send them, or change their wording a bit in your own way.

Thanks! - Guy and Tilly

More detail on all is in Amnesty International's

https://www.amnesty.org.uk/urgent-actions?utm_content=138190&utm_campaign=MEMA4863S_November_2023_UANetwork&utm_medium=email&utm_source=amnestyuk

_____________

Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles

P.O. Box 13401, Austin, Texas 78711-3401, USA

Email: bpp...@tdcj.texas.gov

Dear Board Members,

Please recommend to Governor Abbott that he commute the death sentence of Brent Ray Brewer, due to be executed on November 9. It is doubtful that Brent Brewer received adequate legal representation. A psychiatrist who had never met him testified, in 191 and 2009, that he would commit further crimes if allowed to live. In 30 years on death row, Brent Brewer has shown exemplary conduct.

_____________

Dear Director of the Federal Penitentiary Service,

I, like many others, am shocked by your increasingly harsh treatment of Aleksei Navalny. He is unjustly imprisoned for his political beliefs. And under the prison administration that is in your control, he has been kept in isolation and subjected to many cruel punishments such as those known as “SHIZO" and “EPKT". These amount to torture and endanger his health and life. I urge that you immediately put an end to these extra punishments.

Arkady Aleksandrovich Gostev

Director of the Federal Penitentiary Service

Zhitnaya Street 14

GSP-1

119991 Moscow

Russian Federation

Email: udm...@fsin.gov.ru

_____________

General Prosecutor of the Public Prosecutor's Office of the Province of Jujuy

Dr. Sergio Lello Sánchez

Email: sle...@mpajujuy.gob.ar

Dear Mr. Attorney General,

It is reported here that Alberto Nallar, a human rights lawyer, was one of the many people (including teachers and university students) arrested in July in the province of Jujuy, for protesting about recent constitutional changes. He remained under house arrest for 37 days. He was released on August 18, but still faces criminal charges for participating in a peaceful protest. I urge you to drop the charges against him.

Always good to send a copy to the ambassador in your country:

HE Mr Javier Esteban Figueroa

Embassy of the Argentine Republic

65 Brook Street

London, W1K 4AH