INDONESIA: grave health fears for Imprisoned Papuan activist

Tilly lavenas

Aug 23, 2021, 10:46:28 AM8/23/21
Dear Friends, Please send this letter or in your own words about Papuan pro-independence political activist Victor Yeimo. He has been charged with treason for peacefully protesting against racial discrimination. His first trial starts tomorrow and he could face life imprisonment. Held in solitary confinement, there are serious concerns about his deteriorating health. Thanks! Tilly & Guy

President Joko Widodo
State Secretariat
Jl. Veteran No. 17-18
Kota Jakarta Pusat, DKI Jakarta
Indonesia (10110)

persu...@ksp.go.id

Dear President Joko Widodo,

I am deeply concerned for the welfare of Papua activist Victor Yeimo, who was arrested in May. As you may know, he has been locked up in solitary confinement in Mako Brimob prison for months under deplorable conditions.

I urge you to drop all charges against Victor Yeimo and immediately release him. Pending his release, please make sure he is given proper medical care and is not tortured or ill-treated.

I would really appreciate hearing from you about this distressing case.

Sincerely

Please send a copy to the ambassador in your country:

HE Mahendra Siregar
Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia
2020 Massachusetts Ave NW
Washington, DC 20036
info...@embassyofindonesia.org

HE Dr Desra Percaya
Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia
30 Great Peter Street
London SW1P 2HW
kb...@btconnect.com

For more information about Amnesty’s Urgent Action 58/21: August 20, 2021:
https://www.amnesty.org/en/documents/asa21/4632/2021/en/