Card action for human rights

Guy Ottewell

Nov 12, 2023, 9:34:53 AM11/12/23
to human rights letters

Dear friends,

Each year around the holiday season, Amnesty International suggests a card action: mailing encouraging messages to a few of the people suffering human rights abuse. In the past when prisoners of conscience received hundreds of cards, authorities were impressed, sometimes resulting in better treatment or even release.

We've chosen three of the ten cases suggested by Amnesty. Attached is a letter-size sheet with their photos, brief stories, and addresses.

You can do this as an individual, or make a party of it when people are gathered (such as your local Amnesty group if you have one).

You can get a number of cards (picture postcards or plain ), write on them the addresses and short messages (non-political and preferably non-religious).

We'd love to hear back from you. Thanks! - Tilly and Guy

PS: If you wish, you can find all ten cases, and far fuller information, at
https://www.amnesty.org.uk/urgent-actions?utm_content=138190&utm_campaign=MEMA4863S_November_2023_UANetwork&utm_medium=email&utm_source=amnestyuk

cardaction2023Dec.qxd.pdf